Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Another Day in the Life!

I can't believe it! Finally a day off in our rigorous tour schedule. A diamond in the rough! I've noticed that it takes approximately two weeks or so of constant travel for my mental health to start waning, and here I am, exactly two weeks in.

At noon, I woke up on the floor of my friend Antoine's apartment. He lives right on Wicker Park, which is one of my favorite neighborhoods in this city...a bit hipster for my usual taste, but rife with interesting stores and wander-able streets. I just bought a book at an amazing zine/mag/book story called 'Quimby's' and have been sitting in the same spot at Gallery Cafe for hours, biting at my sparkle nail polish and planning my future. I'm much better at planning the long-term future than the short-term, seeing as how I still haven't left for that museum I keep promising myself. One more hour and I swear I'll get out of here!

Anyway, the long AND short of it is, I'm ready to go home. I don't know what that means anymore, but I'm ready to be on my own schedule again--keep late hours without walking on eggshells, wander without having to be somewhere, enjoy the sound of silence--the under-rated freedoms I usually take for granted when not on tour. My band is about to take our first one month + break in three and a half years, and it's going to feel good to be a quasi-regular person for a few weeks. I'll be moving out of my apartment and half-way across the country, but I think it will feel good, and I couldn't be more ready.

One of my first priorities when I get home will be updating this thing more regularly and challenging myself a little bit more. This coffee shop moment is very rare for me these days, especially in combination with internet access. Most of my hours are spent in the backseat of a van with little to do but try and read books with words that are jiggling across their pages.

So, for now, another entry that's rather nutrient-poor and wonder-breadish. Maybe more tomorrow before packing!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy your blog. updateupdate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today...years since last you wrote your blog...I discovered it and read and read what you had written years ago. Everything you create amazes me....smiles and encouragement to someday blog again. Richard

    ReplyDelete